Do you need your high school diploma? Do you need it to get a job or to advance to a better paying position? Do you want to take college courses? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, the GED may be the right program for you!
The GED test measures knowledge in 4 areas: reading / language arts, social studies, science and math.
Once you have successfully completed the GED exam, you will be awarded a State of Connecticut high school diploma.
What We Offer:
- Instruction in all 4 subject areas in Middletown & Old Saybrook.
- Spanish GED in Old Saybrook
- GED Registration center in Middletown
- Pearson Vue-authorized GED testing center in Middletown & Old Saybrook
GED Class Eligibility
- Individuals must be 17 years of age or older and no longer enrolled in school.
- Individuals who are 17 & 18 years of age must submit a withdrawal form with a parent or guardian’s signature.
GED Exam Eligibility
- Applicants must be 17 years of age and officially withdrawn from school for 6 months.
- Applicants 18 years of age must submit documentation that they have been withdrawn from school.
- Applicants must pass the GED Ready in the subject area in order to take the test in that area.
- For applicants over the age of 21: $13 fee
- No fee for veterans and applicants under the age of 21
To Register for the Test:
- Create and account at www.GED.com
- Call 860-343-6044 to make an appointment with a GED Registrar
Accommodations on the GED test are available for qualified individuals with a disability. For more information contact Sabrina Mancini, Connecticut State Department of Education at 860-807-2111, or Joe Lawler, Middletown Adult Education at 860-343-6044.
Students who would like a copy of their transcript must submit a transcript request form to: portal.ct.gov/SDE/Services/Adult-Education.