College & Career Center
The Middletown Adult Education College & Career Center recognizes that the exploration or personal and professional life goals is an ongoing process.
The College & Career Center offers a variety of resources and programming to assist in this exploratory process. A dedicated full time Career Developer/Navigator is available to guide students, helping them to develop the foundational and occupational skills that local employees value. These skills are required to advance in occupations that can provide a living wage. A Social Worker is also available to offer support and advocacy that students may require to access and succeed as individuals, in opportunities in the community, for career advancement and in their education.
- Career exploration & training online and with Transfr virtual reality (VR)
- Resume, cover letter and follow up assistance
- Interviewing preparation
- Workshops and guest speakers
- Financial and digital literacy
- EnGen, Burlington English and Career Edge platforms
- Job shadows, internships and informational interviews
- College searches and financial aid assistance
- Dedicated computer workspace
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Youth Grant serving students age 17-24
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) adult referrals 25+ pre-screened and referred to AJC
- Student assistance and referrals to American Job Center, CTHires, CareerConnect, Metrix Learning, Department of Labor (DOL) and so much more
- Affordable Connectivity Plan (ACP) referrals for WiFi, tablets and cell phones
The goal for Middletown Adult Education staff is to empower the students through one-on-one and group services to assist in developing and implementing a plan to achieve their current and future goals.