Logo for: Middletown Adult Education

How to Enroll

To register for academic programs, visit us at 398 Main Street, Middletown OR call (860) 343-6044.

Up-to-date schedules are available on this website. Registration dates are also listed in the current brochure, and on the flyers available at our Adult Ed offices and learning centers. Counselors are on hand at our teaching locations to advise and assist incoming students with the registration process.

Academic programs are offered free of charge to residents of these Connecticut towns:

  • Centerbrook
  • Chester
  • Cromwell
  • Deep River
  • Durham
  • East Haddam
  • East Hampton
  • Essex
  • Haddam
  • Higganum
  • Ivoryton
  • Killingworth
  • Madison
  • Middlefield
  • Middletown
  • Moodus
  • Old Saybrook
  • Portland
  • Rockfall
  • Rocky Hill
  • Westbrook

Eligibility & Requirements

You are eligible to enroll in adult education if you meet the following conditions:

  • You are at least 17 years of age or older.
  • If you are 17 years of age, you must show proof that your parent or guardian has approved your withdrawal.  This is in writing on an official withdrawal form.

You do not need a state ID to enroll, but we do ask for proper photo identification such as your current (non-expired) driver’s license or passport.

High School Diploma Options

Adult High School Credit Diploma Program (CDP)

Successfully complete an approved course of secondary school studies (a minimum of 25 credits) and and earn a Middletown Board of Education Adult High School Diploma. This is considered equivalent to the high school diploma awarded by the public schools.

The program entails taking classes regularly and successfully completing all of the required courses. A guidance counselor can help you in determining the specific courses you must take.

Learn More